Sunday, July 22, 2012

Summer Sides

Today I went out into my garden and picked a large yellow zucchini squash and a handful of peas. Yesterday I went to the farmers market and bought a bag of skinny green beans and a red onion.

Here is my recipe:

Pad of unsalted butter
Two handfuls of Green beans
Handful of Peas
Clove of garlic
Thin slices of onion
Salt and pepper

Boil a pot of water. Submerge beans, peas, and squash for three minutes. Scoop out and submerge in ice water. Empty hot water and melt the butter. Add the onion and saute until soft. Add the veggies and salt and pepper to taste. I like to grate the garlic over the pot and add the 'zest'. Sauté.
Enjoy.

Namaste
Natasha

3 comments:

  1. Yummy! One of my fave things to do when we get green beans and zucchini is to julienne the zucchini (about the same size as the beans) and saute them in garlic and butter, then sprinkle them with parmesan and freshly chopped basil. Next time I'll try adding peas and onion (or whatever else is in my garden). Tastes like summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I was about to sprinkle some parmesan on this recipe but last minute forgot! Darn, I knew it would be tasty. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete