Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Oatmeal Muffins

           


I am on a muffin kick. Well for the last two days I have been. There is a local natural food market that I go to once in a while that sells bags of bananas for .99 cents. They are overripe and browning. Perfect for banana bread or muffins in my case. So yesterday I made banana oatmeal muffins. I followed my banana bread recipe except I subbed the egg with flax and threw in 1/2 cup of oats. Yummy! They were gone yesterday. I know! I made them yesterday!

Today Lucca has been having poop issues, too many bananas most likely. :/. So I figured blueberry muffins would counter that. :). I made oatmeal muffins, half with blueberry and half without. They just came out of the oven and we are two down. Better save at least one for daddy!

1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup brown cane sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 egg (or in my case I used flax. 1 tbsp flax meal mixed with 3 tbsp water and set aside. Do this before anything else so that it has time to set up. )
1 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
1/4 - 1/2 cup milk

Preheat oven to 400 and get your muffin tin ready Mix all dry ingredients. Mix all wet ingredients except milk. Mix together. If batter is as thick as mine was add the milk a little at a time Add blueberries if you would like, gently. :). Place in tins and bake for 18-20 minutes. Take out and enjoy.

The great thing about replacing egg with flax is that you can lick without feeling worried about getting sick. It also adds extra fiber. :). Which my little one really needs right now.

Namaste
Natasha

So safe that I let both kids lick the bowl clean!  

1 comment:

  1. This looks absolutely perfect, really its remarkable. You have some great content but are getting lots of none relevant comments here too. I really like in a site, very informative, no waste of time on reading.

    ReplyDelete